Sunday 9 January 2011

Sword Development

Here are some screenies of the sword in development. I made the blade, sheeth and hand guard in maya. But then I did the dragon head and the end of the sheeth in zbrush as they have some nice design and shapes that would take ages to make in maya. So I plan to go into zbrush and retypologise when the detail is in place.


 Above is an image of the blade. I tested different shaders but Blinn was the best for the blade as we wanted a nice shine to it.


Here is the texture for the sheath for the sword. It was quite hard to get the texture fitting the way I wanted but through trial and error in photoshop it came out nicely



This image show the gold bit at the end of the sheath. I created the design in zbrush using various tools to make it look hard edge. I don't think retypologising in topogun would be worth my time as the displacement map will do the jump just fine.

Above and below show how I applied a mental ray shader with my displacement map and colour (golden) texture to bring out a nice shine to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment