Monday 10 January 2011

Flag Animation



Here is a collection of videos showing my work on getting the flag to rip. I had to create a concept and technique of how to do it, I will try explain how I got there in the end.

Firstly modeled the flag, simple plane, I modeled in the rips so where I wanted the tear to happen and what shape.

Then I combined them back together the vertex's as I still wanted it to rip. So when I applied the nCloth everything just fell apart but thats ok! I then did a contraint to the pole so that got the flag to hold on. But the section that isn't part of the section attached to the pole still is falling. So again another point contraint with the vertex's. In the option tab I was able to apply glue. Meaning a certain amount of disturbance would make the points rip. This was trial and error, These is only a section of the 50 attempts to get the desired effect. I had to play with the effects and settings of the wind. Many the direction was important as we wanted it to rip off screen.


Unfortunately one of the worse shots that came out of the render process was the calm flag at the beginning which was nearly impossible to light and setup due to technical problems with the cloth and its render. Due to time also we had to choose either to re-render or work on more important shots to the development of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment