Tuesday 11 January 2011

Project Summary

During this project I took the role of producer. I took this as a big thing as I wanted to set a level of working that others would meet and mostly everyone did this and really put the work in. The amount and level of work was amazing. We really had a very hard project to complete as we set so many goals and challenges to reach.

I through out wanted to keep the pace and try and keep things organised as sometimes things get forgot about or not to the level of other things. Yes I think we could of done shots alot better, but could we do all the shots better in the amount of time we had? No. So thats why we set a standard of work that we could do throughout and get a nice final piece that shows depth and the amount of things we had to learn to get our result. The over outcome was not one persons hard work but a team of hard working individuals. This shows with some of the great outcomes.

I was editor and compositor during this project but Steph, Sanjay and Greg were always with me offering their input and guidance of how to improve. The end credits were all done to Sanjay and Greg as they took an idea and made a great little ending to an amazing project. I was happy with some of my models that came out of this but my idea of this project was learning and trying new things. So getting back into maya from Zbrush and using topogun to help in this was something I wanted to try out. With more time and Development my models and textures would of got better and better. My uving and texturing as improved so much, I am more than confident enough to take a model and put a good level of textures to it.

This project has taught me many things and one is never ever underestimate how long it takes to render. We took over three and a half weeks to render, Thats literally none stop and through the christmas holidays. But we finished everything a week before the deadline. But next project I will make sure rendering is constantly going on and we work to finish shots in a good amount of time.

But I have enjoyed this project and the outcome shows this. We didn't want to produced a simple flyby, we wanted to create a story with depth and meaning. This showed when we completely redesigned our idea and really thought about the shots and tried to have the models in the shot mean something. We thought about what each model, light and composition of the shot and the meaning of which we laid them out so the viewer didn't get confused about what was going on. So we didn't have loads and loads of things going on as the shots would get cramped and confused.

I am very pleased with the outcome and work that has gone into it. We are all proud to be a team and looking forward to working again together next term!

No comments:

Post a Comment