Tuesday 11 January 2011

Shot compositing and Colour Grading.

These next selection of blog posts show the work I did on shots and the colour grading I did to improve on our renders



Above shows two images, bottom one is before second one is after. What we wanted was a red gradiant over everything to give that sense of warmth and the outside a blue showing contrast between the two. the top image shows the final grade. For this show it was my concept of the candle shots but the lovely modeling by steph and the candles by sanjay made the scene. I added a blurr and colour grad in comp.



Here is another example of grading (top is before, bottom After). Only a slight change in these images but when grading the difference was so much and it created great depth and continuity with the other shots. For this shot I modeled and texture the whole room with the door that was modeled by steph. As well as texturing and modeling the sword and modeling the sword stand with steph texturing it. For this shot I was set up the camera. I worked with lights set out by greg and refined them once all the models were implemented.  I timed the animation as well as sorted the placement for the map but greg was the animator of it with steph texturing it. 




The three images show other stills from the long shot of the admirals table shot. These were the final images after grading. the last image was a difficult shot to grad as when I started it was very bright door with saturated colours and to much light. But in comp I was able to change the levels and get the contrast of the shot better then add our red tint preset we created.





















No comments:

Post a Comment