Thursday 28 October 2010

Enough of Research!!.... for now

I fancied a change! instead of looking at picture after picture, pages and pages of text! so I thought of trying some tests!

Very simple to start of with. All I wanted to do was have 1 plane and texture it and see the results with a bump map on a 1 polygon plane!


These images show the results, I duplicated the plane to test it out how the texture came out at angles. For first test I am very happy with the result. The 2 planes don't match up together but that wasn't what I was testing. The front plane gives a good impression of depth and texture to it. I am thinking of using this level of texture for the floor of the ship. Mainly because of the quick rendering. I feel I can improve on this but I am happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment